Active Duty Military

Paying for Your Education

Active Duty Military may use VA Education Benefits and/or Tuition Assistance to pay for tuition and fees.

  • To use VA Education Benefits, see the Veteran's Benefit's Page at:
  • To use Tuition Assistance, have the course/s approved through the appropriate military tuition assistance program (ex: GoArmyEd for Army service members). Once the necessary military command signatures and dollar amount for Tuition Assistance have been obtained, take the TA Approval Letter/Statement directly to Third Party Billing in the Bursar’s Office.

Residency Classification

For information regarding residency classification, please go to Residency Reclassification Services.

Military Call-up

It is the intent of the University of Maryland, College Park, to facilitate the withdrawal or change in registration and the reenrollment of students who are called to active military duty. If called to active duty in the U.S. armed forces, students may withdraw and receive a full refund of tuition and fees for that semester. The student (or a representative) should take a copy of the military orders to the Office of the Registrar to process withdrawal or change in registration. Detailed information about this process may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Withdrawal for active military service will have no effect on any subsequent request to withdraw from the University. Students may re-enroll upon completion of their tour of duty.